UC Davis has been fully accredited since 1954 by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC, previously referred to by the general acronym WASC), our regional accreditation agency. We are accredited through June 2024.
UC Davis Special Visit Report
Campus accreditation was reaffirmed in July 2014 following a multi-year, self-study process that formally engaged the campus in institution-wide reflection on capacity and educational effectiveness. We are currently preparing for a special visit in 2017 to review progress on issues related to assessment, program review, and the 2020 initiative, as described in the 2014 WSCUC Action Letter confirming reaccreditation.
Accreditation means the campus has met rigorous standards for quality, capacity and effectiveness; it confers a variety of benefits, especially access to federal financial aid resources.
Institutional Reaccreditation Report
Accreditation Liaison Officer
Helen Schurke Frasier, Assistant Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, serves as the Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) between UC Davis and the WSCUC. She is responsible for assuring that UC Davis is committed to honest and open communication with the Commission, to approaches the ongoing accreditation review process with seriousness and candor, and to abiding by Commission policies and procedures, including all substantive change policies.
Forthcoming Reports and Visits
- Fall 2023: Offsite Review
- Spring 2024: Accreditation Visit
- Overview WSCUC Reporting Requirements (pdf)
- Spring 2018: Special Visit to review progress on issues cited in WSCUC Commission Action Letter
- June 7, 2014: WSCUC Commission Action Letter reaffirming campus accreditation through June 2024
- April 9-11, 2014: Onsite Accreditation Visit
- May 13, 2013: Offsite Review
- March 4, 2013: Institutional Reaccreditation Report submitted to WASC
- October 2012 to March 2013: Preparation of Report